Makos Swim Team
The Palm Beach Gardens Makos swim team is a recreational swim team that is a part of the South Florida Recreational Swim League. The team practices four days a week and competes in swim meets at least once a month. We have 4 different teams to meet most swimming abilities along with two different practice options.
The recreational aspect of the team brings fun, competitiveness and friendships amongst the swimmers. Please see our practice information below for more details or contact Katie Waskiewicz at 561-630-1126 for more information.
Swim Team Ages 4-17
- Green Team: Swimmers that have not been on a swim team. (Requirement: 25 yards each; Free, breast, back)
- Red Team: Swimmers have basic knowledge of being on a swim team.
- Blue Team: Swimmers have full concept of being on a swim team.
- White Team: For dedicated swimmers who are focusing on speed and high yardage.
- Two-day Option: For swimmers who only wish to swim two days per week. Swimmers may pick any two days to practice (Monday - Thursday); these days are flexible and swimmers are eligible for swim meet participation.
Swim Meet Participation: A $15.00 (non-refundable) South Florida Recreational Swim League insurance fee is required, as well as a SFRSL Swimmer Application Form turned in for each swimmer. Swim meets are usually held on Saturdays and are not mandatory.
Register online or at any Recreation service desk.
Spring 2019 Swim Team Season
- Registration begins Monday, December 3, 2018 at 8am.
- Informational Flier (PDF)